Sunday, August 27, 2006

The Faces of Diabetes

I've been trying to think of things to do at my Lee Iacocca walk. I want to have a booth with diabetes education in it. I truly believe that the public needs to know what Type1 is all about so they will be more willing to give money for research.

One other thing I'd like to do is have a presentation called "The Faces of Diabetes". I have access to a big screen and a projector and have a little knowledge when it comes to making a presentation. What I would like to do is show a little presentation of people who live with this disease on a daily basis. I want people to know how many lives this disease touches.

What do you think? Do you want to be included? If so, email me a picture of you or the pwd. Include as much info. as you're comfortable sharing (first name, age at diagnosis, diagnosis date, state in which you live, etc.) If you don't want to share any info. that will be fine too. (pennylane5001@mchsi.com)

So, you OC'ers, you lurkers, everyone. Help me out. Help me make this disease real to other people.

1 comment:

Allison said...

When is your Walk? I would love to submit my information. Email me at amblass@gmail.com. Love ya!