Saturday, March 18, 2006

Feeling a little random

I felt the need to flee from talking about D today. So, I will once again regale you with some more random facts about me.

#1) My middle name is Elizabeth. For those of you who have emailed me, you might have thought that my middle (or last) name is Lane. But, no, that is what my husband has called me since the day we met, Penny Lane. He even has a tattoo on his left arm. It is barbed wire with a heart in the middle with the initials, PL in the heart. I'm not sure why he calls me Penny Lane, but we are both fans of The Beatles.

#2) Speaking of tattoos. I have one on the inside of my left ankle. It is a sunflower. I would take a picture of it for you, but the fur on my "winter legs" would probably scare you. Yeah, it's been a while since I've shaved.

#3) Two years ago my husband surprised me with a trip on our anniversary. I had arranged for my parents to keep the kids for the weekend, but we were just going to stay home. Michael called me on Friday afternoon and told me to pack, we were leaving for the weekend. I didn't know where we were going. We first went to Charleston, SC and then on to Savannah, Georgia. Two places I have always wanted to go. I particularly enjoyed Savannah. The houses are beautiful. We searched everywhere for the bench that Tom Hanks is sitting on in Forest Gump, but we never found it. I did take a picture of the house from "Midnight In the Garden of Good and Evil". It was very sweet and I'll never forget it.

#4) I have 2 cats and 2 dogs. The dogs are Grace and Elizabeth (we call her Lizzy). They are both almost 5 years old. One cat is named Skye and she is almost 8. My baby, though, is my 11 year old cat, Sadie. I absolutely love this cat. I tell people, she thinks this is her house, and she just lets us live here.

#5) There were only 15 people in my graduating class in high school. I went to a small private school. We were all very close. A lot of us had been in school together since Kindergarten. There were 4 of us that were pretty much always together. (Kathy, Heidi, Letitia, and me) Our PE teacher called us the "four dummies". You hardly ever saw one of us without seeing the other three. Our whole class was so close that we swore that we were going to get together every year, but this year will be year number 14, and we haven't gotten together yet. I would love to see everyone again, but I just can't get motivated to plan a reunion. ( Mindy, if you're reading this, Hi!)

OK, I hope I didn't bore you. I just didn't feel like talking about D today. I hope everyone has a nice day!

No comments: