Scott over at Scott's Diabetes Blog has bestowed upon me the "Thinking Blogger Award". (Started by ilka yoldas. Don't you just love that name?)
Thank you, Scott. I am honored.
In turn, I am to award it to 5 bloggers that make me think. I know some of these have already been awarded the honor by someone else, but this is supposed to go to the bloggers who make me think and these guys make me think. If you get the award twice consider it an honor times 2.
1) Scott: (No, I'm not just trying to kiss his butt since he awarded it to me.) I have been reading Scott's blog ever since I started blogging about 20 months ago. He is so very honest in his posts. He doesn't sugar coat anything (no pun intended). He just tells it like it is. And, by telling it like it is, it causes me to think about how Riley may feel about his D in the future or even now, for that matter.
2) Amy at Diabetes Mine: Anyone who has read this blog knows how informative it is. The topics she writes about have caused me to think about things in a way I may not have before. And, I know by some of the heated comments she generates, she causes many others to think as well.
3) Kassie at noncompliant: I just love reading Kassie's posts. She is another one who just tells it like it is. I love the sarcasm in her posts. She also gives me insight into what Riley's world might be like. Not in a sad way, but in a kick-butt kind of way.
4) Sandra at A Shot in the Dark: I have also been reading her blog ever since I started blogging. She is a very talented writer and I find myself hanging on the edge of my seat often when I read her posts. Since we are both mother's of kids with D, she causes me to think: "Yes, that's it. That's exactly how I feel too." She can describe my feelings exactly and do it more elegantly than I.
5) Tom at unbalancediabetic: He is a college student who is trying to balance living away from home, going to school, and diabetes. He gives me insight into what Riley's life may be like in a few years (well 13 to be exact, but I'm sure time will fly) when he goes away to college. There was a post a while back where he was having a low and he was up late at night waiting for the low to rise. He was on the phone with his mom at the time. And it just made me think "I can still be there for Riley, even if he's away." It gave me some comfort.
So, here's the deal, this is a tagged-only meme. You must be tagged by someone in order to participate. If any of the above bloggers choose to participate, they should:
1. Write a post with links to 5 blogs that make them think.
2. Email them to let them know they have been selected.
3. Link to my post so your readers can find the origin of your award.
4. Optional: Proudly display the ‘Thinking Blogger Award’ with a link to the post that you wrote.