But, I do have a few things I'm trying to work on. Some I have started on already. Others (like #3) I will start after the new year. I'm eating like a pig right now.
- Getting my house organized and keeping it that way. I have a small house with too many things crammed in it. I have to downsize the clutter. I need to clean out closets. I also need to do a little painting.
- Daily Bible reading. I'm kind of hit and miss with that right now. For Christmas I got a daily devotions Bible that maps out how to read the Bible in one year.
- Lose a few pounds. I'd like to lose 15, but I'll settle for 10.
- Eat healthier. That will help me achieve #3. Plus, I want to be a good role model for Riley.
Not let blood sugars dictate my mood. I really think this will be the hardest one to achieve. Riley's sugars have been awesome for the last couple of weeks. For the most part they have stayed right in the middle where they should be. We've had very few highs and just a hand full of lows. And, because of this, my attitude has been much better. The hard part comes when his sugars go out of control again. Why do I let it affect my mood so much? I don't pat myself on the back for the good sugars. Why do I beat myself up for the bad ones? I really need to work on that. (While I'm on the D subject, I would also like to see an A1C under 7.)
Save some money. We are planning a trip to Colorado this summer to see Michael's family. It will be a long trip and very costly. Also, I'd like to start saving for a house.
I guess that's it. Oh wait, I have one more. This isn't really something I can do, but rather something I want to see happen.
- A Cure for Type 1 diabetes.
Every single year since 2005 right after watching the ball drop and kissing my husband, I turn to him and say, "Maybe this is the year they will find a cure for diabetes. "
I hope this is the last year I get to say that.
Happy New Year to you all!!!