I think this is the longest I've ever gone without posting. I've thought about posting a lot, but have not made time to do it.
I've been around. I've been reading blogs from time to time and I've commented a little here and there.
Here are some highlights.
* Holden is officially a Senior. I can't believe this is his last year of high school.
* My dad was diagnosed with throat cancer last week. He's going to a lot of doctor appointments. He will be starting radiation soon. I'm worried about him and my mom. The doctors are very optimistic that he will be fine. Still, I worry. I've only got one dad.
* Riley started first grade this week. I went the week before to educate his teacher. He is giving his own insulin this year and doing a great job with it. His teacher is also doing really well with helping him out. Still, I worry about him from time to time throughout the day.
* The school nurse job is going OK. It's more stressful than I thought it would be. I love the kids. It's the parents I don't like dealing with.
* Lately Riley has been saying: "Diabetes is stupid." and "I hate diabetes." Although I agree with him it's still hard to hear him say it.
* The kids starting back to school, my new job, and my dad's recent diagnosis have made the stress build up so much that sometimes it feels like I'm a rubber band being stretched so far that I'm in danger of snapping into.
* I received my school nurse test results today. I passed and am now officially a certified school nurse. The test was hard and I really wasn't sure if I passed or not. I had to pass it to get a raise. But, the raise isn't really a raise. It just puts my salary at what it was when I worked at home health. I had been worrying about what we would do financially if I didn't pass. When I got the results out of the mailbox I did a little dance in the driveway. A goofy, white dance. But, a dance none the less.
* There is a little girl in my school who is in 4th grade. She's had D since she was 2. Her mom goes to school with her every day and spends all day at school. She's afraid to leave her. I'm working with the mom on letting go a little at a time. It's helping the mom that I have a kid with D so I understand where she is coming from. I can't imagine how that mom does it. She really has no life of her own.
* I'm tired and I have a huge headache so I'm going to go now.
If you're still reading I'd love to know. I could use some good comment right about now.