Thursday, April 03, 2008

Guilty

I just received an email from dlife about the latest Diabetes Dad article. I have always enjoyed his articles, but this one really hit home with me.

I hadn't taken the time to realize how much guilt we parents feel about our children's disease. There is always the "I should have known" or "I should have checked sooner" or "I didn't teach him/her well enough to do it on their own". And, for me, there is the "I wish I had better genes" guilt.

Anyway, I thought I'd share the article. Check it out if you get a chance.

2 comments:

Donna said...

Don't feel guilty. It's not your fault. You are a great mom & deserve a lot of respect and admiration for everything you do.

Sincerely Iowa said...

Hello! I just found you through Dad Gone Mad and thought I'd say hello!

Just wanted to let you know I understand the emotions regarding your son's health. My HUSBAND has Type 1 diabetes-- although he is insulin dependent, he leads a normal happy life, with no complications, and his most recent hgA1c levels were 6.1-- IT CAN BE DONE! And he's almost 39 years old.

hang in there. You can do this!