Monday, April 28, 2008

Tell It to Oprah

Manny (founder of Tudiabetes) sent out an email this weekend asking people to flood Oprah Winfrey's producers with emails telling them how important it is to get the word out about diabetes. Go here to read his plea.

I went today and told my story. I said a little about Type 1 and what Riley must do every day. I mentioned complications and gave a few sites for them to look at to find out more. I also mentioned Dr. Denise Faustman and her valiant effort to find a cure for Type 1 diabetes.

Won't you go and do the same? Tell your story. It will only take a minute or two of your time and the impact could be more than you know.


Thanks.

9 comments:

Araby62 (a.k.a. Kathy) said...

Submitted my story too. Thanks for the heads-up!

Carey said...

On it! Thanks Penny.

Jillian said...

I've written more than 5 letters to her about Type 1 Diabetes. I guess I'll send another because maybe it will work if we all do it together.

Kelly said...

Done! Wouldn't it be great!?

Anonymous said...

Penny,

Have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PhAtlAtnKwY

It is related to Oprah and Faustman. Thought you would like to see it.

Hope you and your family are doing well.

Penny Ratzlaff said...

Thank you everyone for your submissions. I really hope this pans out. We need all the attention we can get.

Anon,
Thank you for the link. I've seen the video. If you follow the tudiabetes link in my post you will find the video there also.

Penny Ratzlaff said...

Not the tudiabetes link.

I meant the link that says click here to see his plea.

Backpacking Dad said...

You go.

Lisa said...

did it!