Saturday, July 01, 2006

still here

just a very short post to let everyone know that i'm still alive and well. i had surgery on the 26th and this is the first time i've felt well enough to sit at the computer.
i had torn the cartilage in my wrist and that had to be repaired. but, when the dr. got in my tendon was messed up too and he had to repair that. he also had to cut a piece of bone out of my ulna. very much more painful than what i anticipated. my hand and left arm arm in a huge splint that i can't take off. my fingers are very swollen, and i can't even begin to straighten them without having immense pain. i can only imagine the physical therapy i will have to take when this is all over. but, today is the first day that i haven't been popping pain pills on a regular basis. i go back to the dr. on july 10th.

just wanted to let everyone know how things went. i'm going to try to get michael to type a real post for me sometime. this typing with just one hand is not working very well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there... I know it's going to be tough but God will help ya through it... praying that you'll have strength and peace.

As for typing, you might want to look into voice recognition software. I'm not expert on it, but I know there are quite a few alternatives out there now. If you have microsoft office xp or 2003, it actually comes with it as an optional component to install. Maybe you can find something that will work for you.

bingsy said...

Sending thoughts of healing and love.


Christien

Sandra Miller said...

I am so glad that surgery is behind you, and that things went all right (though it sounds like it was a lot more than you anticipated).

Hang in there, Penny. And don't worry about the one-handed typing-- it's just nice to hear from you.

Sandra

p.s. It's a shame our timing didn't work out for a visit. And I couldn't believe you all were going to be in Chapel Hill just after we left-- Dang! Maybe next year :-)

prayergal said...

Penny,
Sorry that your injury was so much worse than expected. I am praying that you will heal and recover quickly. I am glad to hear the pain has improved.
Love you,
Aunt Linda

Vivian said...

I am so glad you are doing better and that you got that taken care of and out of the way. Thank you for letting us know, it had to be a pain in the rear to type with one hand. Take care and keep healing. Big Hugs!

Jamie said...

Thanks for letting us know you're still around! Sounds like there was more damage than originally thought .... well, now it's all fixed up and you'll be back 100% in no time. Take it easy and accept any help that is offered to you - it's only temporary.

Hang in there.

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear that the surgery was moe extensive and that you have been in so much pain. I really empathise!

Hope your appointment today goes well, and you're soon feeling much better.

Hugs, Caro