Friday, May 23, 2008

Some Answers

Here are answers to my questions. If I get anymore later I will answer them in another post. So, if you haven't asked any yet, but would like to go to this post and fill in the blanks. I can always use something to post about.


These questions came from Molly.

1. What do you think of non-invasive blood testing?

I think its would be great if it actually worked. I don't think I can trust it's accuracy. I would love it if it does work. It would mean no more ugly black spots on Riley's finger tips.

2. When did you last sing?

This morning in my car. The station I was listening to had people calling in and saying what their favorite summer songs are. The last song I sang along with was "What I Got" by Sublime.

3. Plain or peanuts? Why?

Peanuts: because I don't really like chocolate. I cannot eat just plain chocolate so I have to have nuts in it to eat it or it has to be with something else, like in a cookie or with peanut butter. I absolutely love Resses Cups.

4. What did you do on your 21st birthday?

I honestly don't remember. I imagine I didn't do much of anything. I don't drink so I know I didn't go out and get drunk. I was in college at the time, but I was also the mother of a 3 year old. I probably spent time with him and my family.

5. What's your favorite color for a pair of socks?

I wear mainly white sock because I'm a nurse and they go with everything. My favorite pair of socks that I own are a sage green color. They are very warm and fuzzy.

6. How would you like to go on a 10 day camping/canoeing trip to the BWCA in Minnesota?

No offense to you Molly, but I don't think I'd enjoy it too much. 10 days outside? 10 days without a bed or a nice hot shower? No thanks.

7. Whom would you most like to dance the tango with?

The devil in the pale moonlight. (I just like the sound of it;-)

Next up is questions from Shannon:

1. What do you think of the economy?

To put it mildly, it sucks. I was just talking to a co-worker about it. I think the economy is being ruined by rising gas prices. The increase in gas prices is affecting everything from the price of milk to tourism to eating out at a restaurant. I think if something isn't done about gas prices very soon that America is in for some very hard times. (BTW, a gallon of gas where I live is now $3.98/ gallon for regular. How about you guys?)

2. When did you last shave your legs?

This morning. I shave my legs almost every morning when it's warm. I'm wearing long pants now but Riley has a T-ball game tonight and I'll probably put on a pair of shorts to go to it. If you'd have asked this question in the winter the answer would have been very different.

3. Poultry or red meat? Why?

I wish I could say poultry because it's better for me, but I have to say red meat. I am a meat and potatoes kind of girl. The rarer the meat the better.

4. What did you give Michael for Christmas?

Nothing. We don't usually do gifts for each other. I didn't get anything from him either. We would rather spend the money on the kids.

5. What’s your favorite TV show?

Right now I would have to say House. I am a long time fan of ER too, but it's starting to get a little boring to me.

6. How would you survive being stranded on a deserted island?

I don't think I would. I am a terribly picky eater. I guess I would literally rather die than eat a bug. Yeah, I wouldn't last very long on Survivor.


7. Whom would you most like to meet on the red carpet of the Oscars?

My first thought was Will Smith. I don't know why. I really like Will Smith. I've been a fan since his Fresh Prince of Bel Aire days. He's seems to be a genuinely nice person. Then again, there's also Keanu Reeves who I used to have a huge crush on. I don't know, I'll go with Will Smith, final answer.

Next, Allison:

1. What do you think of the election so far?

Hmmmm. I try to avoid politics on my blog. It's a very divisive subject. I guess mainly I'm just curious to see who the Democrats end up with on their ticket.

2. When did you last watch a movie?

We watched "ET" on Saturday. Riley had seen part of it on TV the day before and he wanted to watch the whole thing, so we watched together as a family. If you're talking about the last movie I watched in a theater I really don't know. I think the last movie we watched at a theater was.....I don't know. It's been so long ago that I honestly don't remember what it was.

3. Romantic comedies or dramas? Why?

Romantic comedies because I have to think and feel too much in my every day life. When I sit down to watch a movie I prefer to just be able to relax and enjoy it.

4. What did you want to be when you were 5 years old?

A veterinarian, that is until I found out from my mom that vets have to put animals to sleep. It altered my career path forever.

5. What’s your favorite color?

yellow

6. How would you change your appearance?

I'm not a fan of elective surgery. It's fine if someone else wants to do it, but it's not for me for many different reasons. But, I wouldn't mind if I could just take a pill that would make me tan. Is that possible? Someone needs to work on that.

7. Whom would you most like to have dinner with - dead or alive?

My Pop Pop. He's my maternal grandfather. He died 14 years ago. I still miss him. I would love to sit and talk with him again and tell him what's been going on since he left. I've graduated college, gotten married (to someone that reminds me a lot of him), and had another child who I know he would love to meet. I miss other dead relatives too , but I absolutely adored my Pop Pop. (Gee Allison thanks for making me cry;-)

And, last but certainly not least, Carey (when I opened my email this morning and saw that I had a comment from him I knew I was in for some strange questions)

1. What do you think of toe fuzz?

I don't have a problem with it really. Live and let live. It's just trying to make it's way in the world like everything else.

2. When did you last pick some?

I'm not sure. Much like going to the movies, I don't do it that often.

3. Black toe fuzz or white toe fuzz? Why?

White. Because that's the color of my socks.

4. What did you do with it?

I sold it on eBay to a foot fetish freak so I could buy a gallon of gas.

5. What’s your favorite toe to pick from?

My big toe because it always has the most fuzz on it.

6. How would you sell it?

See number 4.

7. Whom would you most like to share it with?

You. I would like to share it with you Carey because you asked such wonderfully insightful questions.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Thanks for answering my questions! Our favorite show is House, too.

LMFAO at Carey's questions. They left me with a warm "fuzzy" feeling inside.

Molly said...

Great answers- and no offense taken.
I'm a House fan too. I used to be a religious ER fan, but I can't keep track of all these new actors/actresses.

Jen said...

I love house too, especially if I can figure out what the disease/condition is!
PS- Gas is 4.19/gallon in my area. Ouch.

k2 said...

I love House, for many different reasons, some having to do with the show and the character, other reasons having to do with the actor who plays House,Hugh Laurie.
The price of gas is insane, don't even get me started, because it will turn into a political rant!
k2