Monday, July 06, 2009

Graduation Pics and More



I'm finally getting around to posting some graduation pictures. I've also put up some pictures of Riley from baseball. The season at the ballpark has ended but Riley found out there was a rec. league too and wanted to play that. So, we'll start up with that again this month. In addition, he starts swimming lessons tomorrow. I may have a month off from work, but I'll be busy, busy, busy.





Hanging with the guys


Holden and his best friend, Daniel. Daniel was Valedictorian and mentioned Holden in his speech for being such a good friend to him throughout the years. It made me cry.




Walking in. When Pomp and Circumstance started is when my tears started.




He received a scholarship (yay!!!!)



Those who received other scholarships were also recognized.




At one point a song started playing ("It Won't Be Like This For Long" by Darius Rucker). All of the kids got a flower and came and brought it to their mom. I cried off and on throughout the service, but I completely lost it when Holden brought me the flower.





Receiving his diploma.




It won't be too many years before Riley will be wearing this hat for real. (sniff, sniff)

















4 comments:

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Fun pictures! I know that song. Whenever I hear it I always think about how fast time is already going. Soon my girls will be all grown up. sniff sniff

meanderings said...

Really enjoyed the photos.

Scott K. Johnson said...

Congratulations to Holden! And thanks for sharing the pictures - they made me smile!

Keith said...

Now more than ever I admire young people that keep their grades up through to the end. I remember thinking that school would last foreeevvveerrrr and let my focus drift. Congrats to Holden (and to you) for finishing the journey w/aplomb.