Friday, December 04, 2009

Just When I Think I'm Out, You Pull Me Back In

I just wanted to say a big thank you to everyone for your kind comments after yesterday's post.

I have been neglecting this blog for quite some time. I do check in on the occasional D-blog every now and then and even comment sometimes. But, I've been out of touch with D-blog ville for a while.

Even so, whenever I need you guys you are always there to lend an ear or a virtual hug.

I cannot express how your comments have helped. First, to know you've had the same issues with sleepovers made me feel like I'm not alone and neither is Riley. We are all fighting this thing together and doing it to the best of our ability. We all screw up along the way because we are human. I know that all I can do is make what I think is the best decision at the time and learn from that and move on.

Also, I really felt very guilty for the ice cream treat, but you guys made me feel better when you said you would do the same thing.

When Riley was diagnosed I mainly worried about what the highs and lows were doing to his body. But, as he grows older the emotional and mental aspect seem to bother me more. I guess maybe because I'm a nurse at a high school and see how much certain things can affect a child's life. Parents play a HUGE role in the mental health of their children and I just don't want to screw it up. There is no rule book and we're all just really winging it.

I know that how I handle his D now will help him handle it in the future. Sometimes I just don't feel strong enough to handle it like I should.

It's nice to know I can come here and you guys will help provide that strength for me.

1 comment:

phonelady said...

we are all walking the same path my dear and god put us together for a reason and I think we are all supportive . Thanks for sharing and posting .