I found this meme over at Allison's and couldn't help but participate.
Rules: Bold: Things that you have done.
Italics: Things you would like to do but never have.
Normal print: Things you have never done/would not like to do.
1. Started your own blog: On November 19, 2005, 2 weeks after Riley’s diagnosis
2. Slept under the stars: I went camping once when I was about 8 or 9. I didn’t really enjoy it and don’t plan to try it again.
3. Played in a band: Does Guitar Hero or Rock Band count?
4. Visited Hawaii: This is the #1 travel destination on my list.
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity: I did this several years ago when the town I lived in was ravaged by a flood. My house was fine, but three houses down the water was up to the ceiling. I went home every day after work to piles of soggy mattresses and soggy personal items on the side of the road. It was depressing. My church took up money for those affected by the flood. I gave more than I could afford. A few weeks later a totally unexpected check arrived in the mail for the exact amount I had given. God is good.
7. Been to Disneyland/world – I went to Disney World when I was 13. I would love to go back and take Riley some day. I always wanted to take Holden to0 but never did.
8. Climbed a mountain; sounds like too much work to me
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sang a solo (in the shower): I don’t sing in the shower. I save that for my car.
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris- Michael and I were talking about this just last night. I’ve never had any desire to visit Paris.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. – I think it would be beautiful.
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.
15. Adopted a child: I used to have this desire, but I can’t say that I do anymore.
16. Had food poisoning.
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty: I’ve never even been to New York.
18. Grown your own vegetables. : I’ve grown tomatoes before, but that’s it.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – Again, no desire to ever visit France.
20. Slept on an overnight train. – I’ve never even been on a train, but would love to experience an overnight train trip.
21. Had a pillow fight.
22. Hitch hiked
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. - I’ve wanted to, I’ve just never done it. Call me too honest for my own good.
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb- I’ve petted one at a petting zoo before.
26. Gone skinny dipping.- I'm afraid my body has passed the point of no return on this one
27. Run a Marathon – Another thing that is just too much work.
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise – This is what Holden wants for graduation, a family cruise. He’s not getting it though. We just don’t have that kind of cash.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors
35. Seen an Amish community – Got stuck behind a horse and buggy too.
36. Taught yourself a new language.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. – When I first graduated from college and was still living with my parents while working full-time as a nurse. In other words it was a long, long time ago.
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke: I have a very small desire to do this. I really can’t sing but still think it would be fun. I’d have to be in the right company to do it.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant
44. Visited Africa: This is number 2 on my list of places to visit. I want to go on an African safari.
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. – I’ve done this many times. I live on the coast.
46. Been transported in an ambulance: When I was in a wreck when I was 18. I wasn’t really hurt all that badly, but they transported me anyway because my car was totaled.
47. Had your portrait painted.
48. Gone deep sea fishing.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud. - I have two boys.
54. Gone to a drive-in theater. - I was a little girl but I have faint memories of it.
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business – I just don’t know what kind I want to start.
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies
62. Gone whale watching.
63. Gotten flowers for no reason- - thank you Michael
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma- I haven’t done it in a long time. I’m going to try to get back to donating regularly again. It’s such a simple thing to do and you can help save a life.
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar
72. Pieced a quilt
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London
77. Broken a bone- finger when I was 7 (I smashed it in a car door); hand when I was 18 (playing basketball), and another finger when I was 27 (trying to catch my dog by her collar)
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle- I don’t even want to be on a non-speeding motorcycle.
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person- It must be an awesome sight to behold.
80. Published a book- much like the business , I don’t know what I’d write about
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car- I’ve bought 4 brand new cars. ( 5 if you count Michael’s car which I help make payments on.)
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- uh, gross
88. Had chickenpox- I was in kindergarten. I don’t remember it.
89. Saved someone’s life.- I’m a nurse. It comes with the job.
90. Sat on a jury- It was kind of interesting.
91. Met someone famous- I guess it depends on who I’m meeting.
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby. – two to be exact
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee