Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Mixed emotions

Tonight at church Riley asked me if I had any gum. When I told him no, he asked my mom the same. Another woman at church heard what he said and started digging into her purse for some gum to give to him. She called him over and before he took the gum he looked at her and asked, "Is it sugar free?" She assured him it was and he put it into his mouth.

Tears welled up in my eyes. Because I was so proud that he thought to ask...and because he had to ask in the first place.

2 comments:

George said...

My eyes are welling up from that post. You must be proud even thought it sucks that he has to do that.

Shannon said...

I totally see the flip sides of that situation. It's great that he knew to ask and did, but it stinks that he can't be carefree and not worry about asking.