Thursday, November 02, 2006

More on the ADA

Just a very quick post to give you all a link to where the ADA recommends testing 3-4 times a day. It is stated at several different locations, but this is one of them. (If you don't know what I'm talking about, see my previous post.)

"Three or four times per day is usually recommended for those who take insulin."

Of course, it does go on to say you or your child may need to test more often, blah, blah, blah. But, my position is that they need to set guidelines for those with Type 1 that are realistic. Testing 3-4 times per day is not very realistic to achieve the recommended A1C of 7.0.

Nicole, who is so much more articulate than me, has sent an email to someone at the ADA posing some questions about their guidelines. I really appreciate her doing this. And, I will keep all of you posted on what is going on.

No comments: