Monday, December 31, 2007

My year in 12 sentences

I got this from Kerri last year and decided to do it again this year. If you'd like to do it too just post a link to a definitive post from each month last year along with the first sentence of the post.

I have enjoyed going back and looking at old posts. I am reminded of how far we have come. I am really in a good place right now. I am the happiest I have been since Riley's diagnosis.

Also while looking at old posts I re-read some of the comments and I must say how awesome all you guys are. I don't know what I have would have done these past 2+ years without your kind words. I look forward to another year with you guys.

January: "Because I Have To"

"It was 4:30 in the morning."

February: "FULLREWINDREQUIRED"

"Riley had been running high for a while."

March:
"A little help"


"One day last week I was sitting at a local restaurant waiting for my food."

April: "Because I have a four year old"


"When Katie Couric told me about a 'possible new treatment for Type 1 diabetes' I sat on the edge of my couch wide-eyed with my hand over my mouth."

May:
"Talk me down"

"You know, I had many parents tell me in the beginning of this disease that checking sugars and giving insulin would just become second nature."

June:
"Choking back tears"

"About three weeks after Riley was diagnosed he checked his sugar for the first time."

July:
"Proud"

"I've been spending a lot of time on tudiabetes lately reading stories of other parents."

August:
"He's at school"

"Well, Riley is at school and , somehow, the world didn't end."

September:
"Choices"

"A lot of people's emotions and attitudes are what they allow them to be."

October:
"730 Days"

"730 days ago diabetes slipped quietly into our house."

November:
"Walk of Hope 2007 Video"

"This is a video I made for Walk of Hope this year."

December:
"Bigs Oops"

"Riley's teacher was out sick yesterday."

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Donna said...

Penny,
I did the sentences thing today, too. But mine only had 7 since I started late. Happy New Year to you & your family!

Anonymous said...

I did it too!

I can't believe how much happened this year!

Here's to 2008!

Jillian said...

Happy New Year Penny.