Friday, November 07, 2008

There are a lot of things swirling around in my brain today. None of them really have to do with diabetes.

I've been under an undue amount of stress at work. On top of that my Dad just got out of the hospital yesterday. He was in there for a week with pneumonia. Because of his cancer and chemo and radiation and the fact that he used to smoke (16 years ago) this pneumonia was really kicking his butt. The hospital he was in was a little over an hour away. My mom never left his side. I went back and forth every day (except one) to see him and help my mom.

Handling the every day stresses of being a mom to two kids and working full time is overwhelming sometimes, but when you throw other family stresses into the mix it sometimes seems almost unbearable.

On the upside, my work stresses have eased up (read: irate parent is no longer irate). And, my dad is home and doing much better. He has finished chemo and has his last radiation treatment today.

I'm hoping that life will now return to normal or at least my kind of normal. That means blood sugars and site changes, basketball games, soccer games, senior stuff, church and what not.

Because I really don't feel like thinking anymore I am going to do a meme. I think you're supposed to answer with just one word, but I'm going to be a little more detailed.

Have a great weekend everyone!

1. Where is your cell phone? In my pocket. I'm not supposed to have it at work, but that is how Riley's teacher reaches me if she needs me.

2. Your significant other? My hubby, Michael. I miss him. I haven't been able to spend much time with him lately.

3. Your Hair? Dark Brown

4. Your Skin? not my favorite feature

5. Your mother? Thelma and an awesome person

6. Your favorite thing? My kids

7. Your dream last night? Very, very weird. I dreamt that I had diabetes and I was sick and in a hospital bed. My site needed changing and I was too sick to do it. I got mad at Michael because he wouldn't do it for me. The nurse came in and did it for me. The nurse was Vince Vaughn and he was mean and creepy. I don't usually remember my dreams.

8. Your favorite drink? Mountain Dew

9. Your dream/goal? To own a house

10. The room you’re in? office

11. Your ex? sore subject

12. Your fear? death of one of my children

13.Where do you want to be in 6 years? somewhere else

14.Where were you last night? home (for a change)

15.What you’re not? dishonest

16.Muffins? blueberry please

17.One of your wish list items? money

18.Where you grew up? North Carolina

19.The last thing you did? gave a student her inhaler

20.What are you wearing? nursing uniform

21.Your TV? have no idea what brand it is

22.Your pets? cat: Sallie Mae, dog: Grace, and fish: Nemo

23. Your computer? HP (work), Dell (at home)

24. Your life? blessed

25. Your mood? Tired

26. Missing someone? not at the moment

27. Your car? Pontiac Vibe

28. Something you’re not wearing? watch

29. Favorite Store? I don't have one. I hate to shop anywhere.

30. Your summer? nice and relaxing (I have summers off now.)

31. Like someone? Dr. House

32. Your favorite color? yellow

33. When is the last time you laughed? Really, really laughed? I don't know. But, Holden makes me chuckle on a daily basis.

34. Last time you cried? Tuesday when my mom called to update me on how my dad was doing

35. Who will respond to this? probably no one

36. Who’s answers are you anxious to see? whoever decides to participate

3 comments:

Araby62 (a.k.a. Kathy) said...

Y'know, the mere thought of Vince Vaughn being in any kind of healthcare setting is very disturbing...!

Hope your dad feels 100% soon.

Penny Ratzlaff said...

Kathy,

I have no clue how Vince Vaughn ended up in my dream. The only thing I can think of is that I saw on TV last night that "The Breakup" was coming on TV this weekend and I was thinking of how I'd like to see it.

Keith said...

I love 'The Breakup' commercials. Especially the line, 'Why would I want to do the dishes?'. Since I do the dishes most of the time I feel I have a right to chuckle.

I'm too am at the point where one more thing will break the camel's back. Glad to hear your dad is doing better.