Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A part of me

I have been inspired by Kerri and Nicole, whose significant others are so sweet they’ll give you a cavity, to write a post about my sweetie.

I know I don’t tell him nearly enough how much he means to me. I take so many things for granted.

Like, the fact that if I happen to groan when I roll over in bed, he always asks me if I need anything. And, if I do need (or want) anything, he’ll get up and get it, whether it’s when we first go to bed or at 3 o’clock in the morning.

Or, the other night, I accidentally got his pillow by mistake. As I lay my head down on it, I commented on how nice and soft it is. He immediately responded with, “You can use it if you want to.” He said this knowing that my pillow is as flat as a pancake and he probably wouldn’t sleep a wink if he used it, because he loves fluffy pillows. But, he would have given it up to make me happy.

Or, the poems he’s written me over the years. Or, the flowers he brought home a couple of nights ago, just because. Or, the wonderful father he is to both the boys. Or, the way he looks at me sometimes like he did when we first met. Or, how whenever someone asks him to go out after work, he tells them he’d rather go spend time with his family. Or the way he makes me feel like I’m the most attractive person in the world even though I still have my pajamas on and my hair is sticking up all over the place.

He makes me feel safe. He makes me feel needed. He makes me feel wanted.

He helps make me, me.

I love you, Michael Alexander, like a whole lot.

2 comments:

Nicole P said...

Oh My God. Talk about cavities, Penny. That was so sweet. I know that your love must feel just as blessed to have you in his life - "like a whole lot"-a-blessed.

Scott K. Johnson said...

Hey Penny!

He sounds like a great Mr. Penny.

He's always sounded like a great guy, and I hope one day to get an opportunity to meet your whole crew there!

Take care!