Thursday, February 08, 2007

Test strip update

Since I last posted, I have gotten the strip problem straight, for now.

Not long after I wrote my last post, I found a medical equipment company to get the strips from. The man there was very knowledgeable and very helpful.

I went and picked up 250 Freestyle strips this afternoon. From now on they will be mailing me 350 strips every month.

And, I no longer have to pay up front. They called my insurance company and found out I'd met my deductible. (Yeah, like the very first day that the plan started.) And, they are just going to send me a bill for my 10%. That means I got 250 strips today for $20.00. Woo hoo!!!

But, you know what the best thing is that happened today? I found out what a great community the OC is. I had a couple of people to email me and offer to send some strips to get me through. I can't tell you how much that means to me.

I am honored to be a part of such a wonderful group of people.

I'm still really, really tired, but now it's a happy tired.

P.S. George, I'm really hoping you win the lottery.

5 comments:

Chris said...

Thats awesome. It is also great to talk to helpful knowledgeable people on the other end of the phone/counter. Not paying up from totally rocks as well. I like that they are being mailed to you everymonth too.
Good job Penny i like seing posts like this.

Nicole P said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome. This is such great news, Penny.

I was going to suggest a company in your area - I wonder if it's the one you went with...

George said...

I am so happy that it worked out but my offer still stands!!

Honestly.

Take care.

Sandra Miller said...

Fantastic news!

I am so relieved for you guys.

Your persistence in this is really inspiring, Penny.

Very well done.

Scott K. Johnson said...

Hey Penny - just read your last few posts. I hate fighting with insurance.

Glad to hear that you got it all worked out. That is a huge relief for you I bet.

G-Money is awesome, and I hope he wins the lottery too!!