Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Joy

Artist: Newsboys Song: Joy Album: Newsboys Shine The Hits [" Newsboys Shine The Hits " CD]

You give me joy that's unspeakable And I like it, And I like it Your love for me is irresistible I can't fight it, I can't fight it

If life is water, I was dry as Tuscon dirt If it's a gamble, I'd already lost my shirt If it's a journey, I was dazed without a clue I flipped a "U" back to the first love I ever knew

CHORUSYou give me joy that's unspeakable And I like it, And I like it Your love for me is irresistible I can't fight it, I can't fight it You carried the cross and took my shame I believe it, I believe it You shine Your light and amazing grace I receive it, I receive it

If life's a battle, the invasion is complete If it's a rhythm, I have found the perfect beat If it's a renaissance, I've got a new birthday The world don't give it And the world can't take it away

CHORUS

I'm bowed and broken, everything new All that I need, You're like water to seed And how Your love, rights everything wrong And in my weakness You're ever stronger, You're pulling me backWhere I belong

CHORUS

The above is my song of the day. I have been very joyful today. Even though things haven't quite been going my way lately. (Michael's car finally decided to retire and now we have to buy one with no money. Will they let you do that?) Even with everything going on I've really had a God-given joy today.

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

5 comments:

Christine said...

This is one of my favorite songs! Now I shall have to listen to it on the way to school this morning!

Shannon said...

May you have many joyful days to come. You deserve them all!

Allison said...

Yay! I Heart Romans. I've only listened to the Newsboys a couple of times, but I think they are great. I will have to see if I can borrow Tina's copy of the Newsboys so I can listen to the song.

"All things are possible to him who believeth" Mark 9:23

Vivian said...

I love that song too. I was actually singing it as I read it. lol. Good verse as well. Yea for your Joy, may it continue.

Penny Ratzlaff said...

Newsboys is my favorite Christian group. I saw them in concert last March. I want to see them again. They really put on an awesome show.

Allison, Romans is my favorite book in the Bible.