Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Because It Is NaBloPoMo I Must Meme

I got this email a week or so ago and I saved it because it's NaBloPoMo and I need material. If anyone would like to play along, feel free.

1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?
Yes, my great, great grandmother on my mom's side. Her name was Mary Penny. My great-grandmother wanted one of us named Penny. It turned out to be me.


2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED?

The last time I really boo-hooed was on November 8th. It happened at work and I HATE to cry in front on people. I won't go into details, but I got screwed over for some money. I was more mad than anything and that's what caused me to cry.

3. Do you like your handwriting?
It's OK. A lot of people tell me that I have nice handwriting, but I don't find it to be anything special.


4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?

roast beef

5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS?
Yes, two boys: Holden (16) and Riley (5). Three, if you count my husband, Michael (26)


6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?
I'm really not sure. I don't make friends easily. I'm not a very social person. Some people may think I'm stand-offish. But, if you do become my friend I am fiercely loyal. So, I guess the answer is I would be friends with me if I took the time to
really get to know me.

7. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?
Could their be a dumber question?

8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Yep.

9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP?
The only way I would bungee jump is at gunpoint or if I had to do it to cure diabetes.


10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?
Apple Jacks


11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?
Most of the time. I hate having to untie them in the morning. (I'm not a morning person.)


12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?
Physically, not at all. Emotionally, I have my moments.


13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM?
Breyer's Mocha Almond Fudge but I don't think they make it anymore:(


14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE?
Their eyes


15. RED OR PINK?
Red. I don't like the color pink. I don't own anything pink.


16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?
Probably my poochy belly. I keep thinking I'm going to do something about it, but as of yet I have not.


17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST
My Pop Pop. He died 14 years ago.


18 WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING?
Ceil blue nursing pants, New Balance tennis shoes that are white, gray, and blue.


20. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE?
A peanut butter and jelly sandwich for supper last night. I had a cup of coffee this morning which is my usual breakfast.


21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?
The sound of the computer keys clicking as I type.


22. IF YOU WHERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE?
yellow


23. FAVORITE SMELLS?
Michael


24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE?
A patient, Mr. J. I called to see what supplies I needed so I can take them with me when I see him later today.


25 FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH?
Basketball. I particularly like to watch Holden play and Duke University. I also like to watch the Charlotte Bobcats play, but they hardly ever show their games on TV.


26 HAIR COLOR?
brown


27 EYE COLOR?
brown


28 Do you wear contacts?
Yes, for the last 18 years. I have never worn glasses,
only contacts.

29.FAVORITE FOOD?
Ribeye steak and baked potato


30 SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS?
I love scary movies. Happy endings are OK too, but they always seem kind of cheesy. Unlike the serial killer that is indestructible and the heads that roll off and onto the ground with a look of shock still on their face. That it totally life-like and not cheesy at all :-)

31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED?
National Lampoons Christmas Vacation. Next to It's A Wonderful Life, it is my favorite Christmas movie.


32 WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING?
Ceil blue nursing shirt. I'm
also wearing a nursing jacket that is blue with teddy bears and Christmas trees on it.

33. SUMMER OR WINTER?
Summer, I detest cold weather. I wouldn't do well in Alaska or Antartica or Wisconsin for that matter.


34. HUGS OR KISSES?
If I have to do either I pick a hug. I am not a touchy-feely person. I don't even like to shake hands.


35. FAVORITE DESSERT?
Pineapple cake, particularly my mom's


36.What book are you reading now?
"Where Have All the Leaders Gone?" by Lee Iacocca. It's a really good book.

37. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
At home I don't have one. At work it has an advertisement on it for a local home care agency.



38. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T.V. LAST NIGHT?
Heros. I don't really like it, but Michael does. It was on because he was watching it and I was too lazy to do anything else so I watched it too. You know, they saved the cheerleader, yet they still haven't saved the world. What's that about?


39. FAVORITE SOUND?
Holden's car pulling safely into the driveway (usually I hear the music blaring first)


40. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?
Beatles. I do not like the Rolling Stones. I know, I know, I take a lot of heat for that. I've just never liked them.


41. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME?
New Orleans, Louisiana. I went to Mardi Gra. I do not care to ever go back.


42. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT?
I can play the piano, but not very well. I'm also pretty darn good at guessing at carb counts. That comes in handy as a mom of a child with diabetes.


If any of you do decide to play along let me know so I can read your answers too.

(There are actually 41 questions because I didn't number correctly. But, I'm too lazy to fix it so I'm leaving it that way.)

5 comments:

Lea said...

Christmas Vacation is one of my favorite movies ever. I laugh so hard at Randy Quaid in the scene in the supermarket with the dickey...I'm laughing now thinking about it!
I'm in on this meme :)

Albert said...

you're missing #19!

Jillian said...

My sister went to UNC - Chapel Hill. To tell you the truth when she went down her freshman year, I was a Duke fan. I even dared to wear Duke apparel on the UNC campus on move in day. But by the time her 4 years were over, I was a UNC fan.

About the Stones v. Beatles thing, I don't know enough of either groups music to make a definitive choice.

Paige said...

I first read that tonsil question as "toenails" and thought "How bizarre."

Shannon said...

Hey,
I did the meme.

I'd like to read the Lee Iacocca book. I love that guy.