Tuesday, November 13, 2007

A Gift in the Mail and an Important Survey

Look what I found in the mail when I got home today.




It's a signed copy of Mr. Iacocca's latest book. It was sent to show appreciation for Walk of Hope I held in October to raise money for The Iacocca Foundation.


I have read several pages and have found that Mr. Iacocca is quite outspoken about what he thinks. I like that.

I have a special place in my heart for The Iacocca Foundation. I believe Mr. Iacocca is truly working to find a cure for the disease that killed his wife (at the young age of 57, I might add) The money donated to IF goes directly to research to find a cure for Type 1 diabetes. It doesn't go to other avenues, only research for a cure. I like that too.

What I've read of the book so far is pretty good. It is certainly thought-provoking. If you get a chance you should pick up a copy for yourself.

And...

Amy over at Diabetes Mine made me aware of a survey that you guys may be interested in.

It is a survey about diabetes technology. This comes directly from Amy's blog:

"The information gathered will be compiled and sent to insurance companies and government bodies in the form of an ad hoc research report. As Kelly notes, "Our hope is that a groundswell of support for diabetes technology will just be one more sign to the policymakers in Washington, DC, that they shouldn't try to be cheap with patients with diabetes. We have all seen the warning signals."

I can't get the badge to work , so click here to take the survey.

1 comment:

Donna said...

Penny,
I've read a little about the Iacocca Foundation & I like it, too. My husband and I road in a motorcycle run to benefit the IF earlier this year.

I'm going to have to get this book. Thanks for letting us know about it.