Monday, January 05, 2009

Another Meme

I found this meme over at Allison's and couldn't help but participate.

Rules: Bold: Things that you have done.
Italics: Things you would like to do but never have.
Normal print: Things you have never done/would not like to do.

1. Started your own blog: On November 19, 2005, 2 weeks after Riley’s diagnosis

2. Slept under the stars: I went camping once when I was about 8 or 9. I didn’t really enjoy it and don’t plan to try it again.

3. Played in a band: Does Guitar Hero or Rock Band count?

4. Visited Hawaii: This is the #1 travel destination on my list.

5. Watched a meteor shower

6. Given more than you can afford to charity: I did this several years ago when the town I lived in was ravaged by a flood. My house was fine, but three houses down the water was up to the ceiling. I went home every day after work to piles of soggy mattresses and soggy personal items on the side of the road. It was depressing. My church took up money for those affected by the flood. I gave more than I could afford. A few weeks later a totally unexpected check arrived in the mail for the exact amount I had given. God is good.

7. Been to Disneyland/world – I went to Disney World when I was 13. I would love to go back and take Riley some day. I always wanted to take Holden to0 but never did.

8. Climbed a mountain; sounds like too much work to me

9. Held a praying mantis

10. Sang a solo (in the shower): I don’t sing in the shower. I save that for my car.

11. Bungee jumped

12. Visited Paris- Michael and I were talking about this just last night. I’ve never had any desire to visit Paris.

13. Watched a lightning storm at sea. – I think it would be beautiful.

14. Taught yourself an art from scratch.

15. Adopted a child: I used to have this desire, but I can’t say that I do anymore.

16. Had food poisoning.

17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty: I’ve never even been to New York.

18. Grown your own vegetables. : I’ve grown tomatoes before, but that’s it.

19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France – Again, no desire to ever visit France.

20. Slept on an overnight train. – I’ve never even been on a train, but would love to experience an overnight train trip.

21. Had a pillow fight.

22. Hitch hiked

23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill. - I’ve wanted to, I’ve just never done it. Call me too honest for my own good.

24. Built a snow fort

25. Held a lamb- I’ve petted one at a petting zoo before.

26. Gone skinny dipping.- I'm afraid my body has passed the point of no return on this one

27. Run a Marathon – Another thing that is just too much work.

28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice

29. Seen a total eclipse

30. Watched a sunrise or sunset.

31. Hit a home run

32. Been on a cruise – This is what Holden wants for graduation, a family cruise. He’s not getting it though. We just don’t have that kind of cash.

33. Seen Niagara Falls in person

34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors

35. Seen an Amish community – Got stuck behind a horse and buggy too.

36. Taught yourself a new language.

37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied. – When I first graduated from college and was still living with my parents while working full-time as a nurse. In other words it was a long, long time ago.

38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person

39. Gone rock climbing

40. Seen Michelangelo’s David

41. Sung karaoke: I have a very small desire to do this. I really can’t sing but still think it would be fun. I’d have to be in the right company to do it.

42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt

43. Bought a stranger a meal in a restaurant

44. Visited Africa: This is number 2 on my list of places to visit. I want to go on an African safari.

45. Walked on a beach by moonlight. – I’ve done this many times. I live on the coast.

46. Been transported in an ambulance: When I was in a wreck when I was 18. I wasn’t really hurt all that badly, but they transported me anyway because my car was totaled.

47. Had your portrait painted.

48. Gone deep sea fishing.

49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person

50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris

51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling

52. Kissed in the rain

53. Played in the mud. - I have two boys.

54. Gone to a drive-in theater. - I was a little girl but I have faint memories of it.

55. Been in a movie

56. Visited the Great Wall of China

57. Started a business – I just don’t know what kind I want to start.

58. Taken a martial arts class

59. Visited Russia

60. Served at a soup kitchen

61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies

62. Gone whale watching.

63. Gotten flowers for no reason- - thank you Michael

64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma- I haven’t done it in a long time. I’m going to try to get back to donating regularly again. It’s such a simple thing to do and you can help save a life.

65. Gone sky diving

66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp

67. Bounced a check

69. Saved a favorite childhood toy

70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial

71. Eaten Caviar

72. Pieced a quilt

73. Stood in Times Square

74. Toured the Everglades

75. Been fired from a job

76. Seen the Changing of the Guard in London

77. Broken a bone- finger when I was 7 (I smashed it in a car door); hand when I was 18 (playing basketball), and another finger when I was 27 (trying to catch my dog by her collar)

78. Been on a speeding motorcycle- I don’t even want to be on a non-speeding motorcycle.

79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person- It must be an awesome sight to behold.

80. Published a book- much like the business , I don’t know what I’d write about

81. Visited the Vatican

82. Bought a brand new car- I’ve bought 4 brand new cars. ( 5 if you count Michael’s car which I help make payments on.)

83. Walked in Jerusalem

84. Had your picture in the newspaper

85. Read the entire Bible

86. Visited the White House

87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating- uh, gross

88. Had chickenpox- I was in kindergarten. I don’t remember it.

89. Saved someone’s life.- I’m a nurse. It comes with the job.

90. Sat on a jury- It was kind of interesting.

91. Met someone famous- I guess it depends on who I’m meeting.

92. Joined a book club

93. Lost a loved one

94. Had a baby. – two to be exact

95. Seen the Alamo in person

96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake

97. Been involved in a law suit

98. Owned a cell phone

99. Been stung by a bee

No comments: